CELEBRATING THE PACIFIC GAMES QUIZ 2019 - Terms and Conditions
Who is getting excited for the Pacific Games 2019?
We are at the Australian High Commission!
To celebrate, the Australian High Commission, Apia Samoa will be holding a Pacific Games Quiz to get you game-ready.
We invite all Samoan citizens or permanent residents, aged 18 or over and currently resident in Samoa to enter.
HOW IT WORKS
The Celebrating the Pacific Games Quiz will run from Tuesday 2 July to Friday 5 July 2019 on our Facebook page (@AusHCSamoa).
Each day, at 9.00am (WST), one question will be published to the Facebook page. Participants have until 3.00pm (WST) that same day to answer the question.
To be eligible to win, participants will need to:
· Follow the Facebook page (@AusHCSamoa) by clicking the ‘Like’ button below the cover photo; and
· Answer the question correctly by commenting on the post.
Entry is free.
Participants are encouraged to answer as many questions as they like (although they can only answer each question once!).
Those that answer correctly each day will go into a daily draw to win an Australian ‘Waterhole Dreaming’ tote bag filled with various items that may include some or all of the following: Australia themed drink bottles, Australia themed baseball caps, a book titled ‘Australia in brief’, an NRL rugby ball, a Samoan and Australian flag. There will be a total of four (4) daily prizes.
The winners of the daily prizes together with the correct answer will be announced on the Facebook page (@AusHCSamoa) each day after 3.00pm (WST).
WHO CAN ENTER
To be eligible for the quiz, participants must:
1. Be a Samoan citizen or Samoan permanent resident, currently residing in Samoa;
2. Be aged 18 or over as at the date of entering the Quiz; and
3. Follow us on our Facebook Page.
If you have any questions about the Quiz, please email us at Apia.Media@dfat.gov.au
TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF ENTRY
IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS CAREFULLY BEFORE ENTERING THE CELEBRATING THE PACIFIC GAMES QUIZ 2019.
1. The Celebrating the Pacific Games Quiz (“Quiz”) is organised by the Australian High Commission, Apia Samoa (AHCS).
2. These terms and conditions establish the parameters under which you are entitled to participate in the Quiz. By entering the Quiz, you confirm you have read, understood and agree to abide by, these terms and conditions.
3. Subject to paragraph 3 below, the Quiz is open to all Samoan citizens and Samoan permanent residents who meet the following criteria:
a) are aged 18 or over as at time of entering the Quiz: and
b) follow and like Australia in Samoa on its Facebook Page (www.facebook.com/AusHCSamoa/).
4. Employees of AHCS or its attached agencies and/or their immediate family members may not enter the Quiz. Immediate family member means spouse, defacto partner, children, grandchildren, parents, grandparent and/or siblings (and their spouses).
5. AHCS reserves the right to verify the eligibility of each entrant and to exclude and/or disqualify participants if they:
a) do not meet the requirements set out in paragraph 1 or 2 above;
b) breach these terms and conditions; and/or
c) are in AHCS’s view, likely to bring AHCS into disrepute.
6. The Quiz will run from 9.00am (WST), Tuesday 2 July 2019 to 4.00pm (WST), Friday 6 July 2019 (“Quiz Period”) and will be conducted on AHCS’s Facebook page (@AusHCSamoa).
How to Enter
7. Entry to the Quiz is free.
8. To enter the Quiz, participants must answer questions correctly, which will be posted on AHCS’s Facebook page throughout the duration of the Quiz Period.
9. One question will be released at 9.00am (WST) each day of the Quiz Period on AHCS’s Facebook page. Participants have until 3.00pm (WST) that day to answer the question.
10. Answers must be submitted by commenting on AHCS’s post announcing the question.
11. Participants are only entitled to submit one answer per question, but can answer as many questions as they like throughout the Quiz Period.
12. Answers will be deemed to be accepted once published on AHCS’s Facebook page. AHCS will not be responsible for any answer which is lost, late, incomplete or otherwise not received by AHCS for any reason, including telephone connection failures, internet failures and disruptions, and ISP problems.
13. The correct answer will be posted by AHCS on its Facebook page after 3.00pm (WST) each day of the Quiz Period.
14. Unless otherwise specified, AHCS will not be responsible for any costs Participants incur in entering this Quiz.
15. The following prizes (“Prize(s))” are available to be won in the Quiz:
a. Daily prizes:
i. Daily prize for eligible entrant chosen at random: An Australian ‘Waterhole Dreaming’ tote bag, which may be filled with some or all of the following items:
- Australia themed drink bottles,
- Australia themed caps,
- Australia National Rugby League rugby ball,
- Book: ‘A Australia in Brief’
- Samoan flag
- Australian flag
16. The Prizes are given "as is" without any warranty, and are not exchangeable for cash.
17. In the event the stated Prizes are, for any reason, unavailable, AHCS reserves the right to substitute them with an alternative prize, without prior notice. AHCS will make best endeavours to provide alternative prizes of an equivalent value.
18. Unless otherwise specified in these terms and conditions, the Prize winner and not AHCS, will be responsible for any costs which may be associated with the award, acceptance, receipt or use of the Prizes, including the cost of making necessary travel arrangements to redeem the Grand Prize.
How Prize winners are selected
19. Subject to paragraph 22 below, those participants who submit the correct answers to each question will go into a draw and picked at random to win a Daily Prize.
20. If a participant has previously won a Daily Prize, they will be excluded from winning another Daily Prize during the Quiz Period.
21. AHCS’s decisions as to the winners of the Prizes shall be final and AHCS will not enter into any further correspondence in this respect.
22. In the event it is discovered after selection of a Prize winner that they do not meet the Quiz eligibility requirements or if they are subsequently disqualified by AHCS, AHCS will have the right to re-select a winner in accordance with these terms and conditions.
How winners will be notified
23. Daily Prize winners will be published by AHCS on its Facebook page after 3.00pm (WST) each day during the Quiz Period by ‘tagging’ them in AHCS’ post, unless it is a weekend, in which case the Daily Prize winners will be published by AHCS on its Facebook page on the next business day.
24. AHCS will also notify each Prize winner on Facebook Messenger within two business days of publishing the result. At this time, AHCS will also seek their details (name, age) (“Personal Details”) and contact details, to organise collection of the Prizes.
25. Prize winners must provide the Personal Details and contact details within five (5) business days of the request by AHCS. If the winner fails to provide AHCS with the requested details within this timeframe, they will forfeit their Prize and AHCS reserves the right to select another winner, in accordance with these terms and conditions.
26. For the avoidance of doubt, all correspondence will be deemed to be successful once recorded as sent by AHCS and once received by AHCS on its Facebook Page and/or computer records.
27. Apart from as specified in paragraphs 24 and 25 above, AHCS will not be obliged to issue any reminder or further notification regarding the collection of the Prizes.
28. Each participant is required to notify AHCS immediately if there is any update to their Personal Details, contact details or Facebook account details.
Collecting the Prizes
29. Prize winners may be required to show their birth certificate, passport, driving license or other appropriate form of photo identification, in order to redeem their Prizes.
30. No correspondence regarding these terms and conditions will be entertained. AHCS reserves its rights to determine an outcome and act as it deems fit in any dispute(s) and/or issue(s) relating thereto.
Privacy and intellectual property
31. Each Quiz participant grants AHCS the right to use his/her Personal Details, likeness, comments and/or Quiz content for promotional purposes without payment of additional consideration, except where prohibited by law. This includes but is not limited to announcing the result of the Quiz or publishing Prize winners on AHCS’s Facebook page.
Indemnity and limitation of liability
33. Each Quiz participant agrees to indemnify, release and hold harmless AHCS from any liability, damages, losses or injury resulting in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from that person’s participation in the Quiz and the acceptance, use or misuse of any Prize that may be won.
34. To the extent permitted by law, AHCS is not liable for any direct, special, indirect or consequential damages, or any other damages of any kind, including but not limited to losses of revenue, goodwill or reputation, or computer viruses, arising in relation to a person’s participation in the Quiz.
35. AHCS is not responsible for any typographical or other errors in the offer or administration of the Quiz, including but not limited to, errors in any publishing of these terms and conditions, selection or announcement of any winner, or distribution of any Prize.
36. AHCS reserves the right to vary, amend, delete or supplement any of these terms and conditions, at any time, in its sole absolute discretion and without prior notice and a participants’ continued participation in the Quiz amounts to acceptance of these revised terms and conditions.
37. Participants should ensure they check AHCS’s Facebook page on a regular basis for any changes. If a Participant does not agree to a change, they may withdraw from the Quiz by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
38. Failure to enforce any of these terms and conditions by AHCS in any instance(s) does not constitute any waiver by AHCS of its rights which shall be expressly reserved.
39. If, for any reason, any aspect of the Quiz is not capable of being run as planned, including by way of a computer virus or causes beyond the control of AHCS, AHCS reserves the right to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Quiz, at its sole discretion. In the event of such cancellation, termination or modification, AHCS may at its absolute discretion elect not to award any Prizes in respect of this Quiz.
Please see the Australian High Commission, Samoa Facebook page for upcoming events.