2019 Australian Federal Election
The 2019 Australian federal election will be held on Saturday 18 May 2019. If you are an eligible Australian citizen living overseas you can still participate but you need to be enrolled.
To enrol, check or update your enrolment details visit www.aec.gov.au by 8:00 pm Thursday 18 April (Australian time in the electorate you’re enrolled).
The Australian High Commission will be offering in-person voting from Tuesday 14 May to Friday 17 May 2019 during normal work hours, 9:00 am to 4:30 pm.
We will not be open on polling day - Saturday 18 May 2019.
Alternatively, you can apply for a postal vote online now at www.aec.gov.au.
If you are overseas and unable to vote, complete an overseas notification form and return it to the AEC. Being overseas is a valid reason for not voting.
Information in other languages can be found at www.aec.gov.au/translated.
Follow our Facebook page: Australian High Commission, Samoa to stay up-to-date.
News, speeches and media
News from Australian Government agencies
- News from the Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade
- News from Austrade (the Australian Trade and Investment Commission)
- News from Tourism Australia
- News from the Department of Immigration and Border Protection
- More Australian Government departments and agencies